The 17th Annual Awards for Excellence
April 26, 2023
Creekside Banquet Center
5:00 - 8:00 PM
The Western New York Educational Service Council is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for our 17th annual Awards of Excellence banquet to be held on Wednesday, April 26th at the Creekside Banquet Center on Union Rd. in Cheektowaga.
The Awards of Excellence Banquet provides school leaders an opportunity to honor those members of their staff that have consistently demonstrated outstanding service. While a limited number of awards will be made at the banquet, every nominee will receive a letter of congratulations from the Council and a Certificate of Nomination providing you an opportunity to publicly honor those individuals regardless of their status as award winners.
Click Here to download the fillable pdf
2023 Awards of Excellence Nomination Form
Who Will Be Honored?
This year, awards will be made in the following categories.
Board of Education members (2) (One from Erie County, one from outside Erie County
Instructional Support Staff (6) (At least one awardee from each BOCES; two at-large)
Teachers (6) (At least one awardee from each BOCES; two at-large)
Administrators (3) (One from and one from outside Erie County, one at-large)
How Will Individuals Be Selected?
A committee comprised of WNYESC Board members will select individuals to be honored based upon the following criterion:
· Making the Difference for Kids- honorees will have taken actions that have improved the experience of students in his/ her school or district throughout her/his career.
· Leadership- the demonstrated ability to take initiative and marshal the efforts of others to positively impact the school experience of students.
· Dedication/ Going “Above and Beyond”- A consistent willingness over time to act beyond one’s job description to make a difference for and serve as a model for students and colleagues.
· Personal Characteristics- consistently demonstrating strong positive personal qualities such as integrity, persistence, honesty, and humility- that serve as a model to which students may aspire.
· Longevity- having multiple opportunities to demonstrate these traits in their school/ district rather than focusing on one specific act or project.
How Can I Nominate Individuals From My District?
Attached you will find a fillable form to serve as the nomination form for individuals in each category. This form is also accessible on our website at WNYESC.org. Please download the form and take a few moments to complete a form for each individual being nominated. You may also ask up to two (2) colleagues to complete the form for a nominee. Please return completed nomination forms to our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, March 17th.
The WNYESC Awards of Excellence banquet is a wonderful opportunity to shine a light on the brightest individuals in your organization. I hope that you will consider nominating at least one worthy individual from your school or district in each category. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call 716-923-6514 or email us at email@example.com.